Do you have any verses that encourage you when seeking God's wisdom and guidance?
Happy Monday everyone! As my family experiences major decision making, Needing only God's guidance and yes without His voice, we can't do anything but wait. I was reminded of this verse during my devotion time today; Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." So, just waiting God to show us what path to take.
Do you have any verses that encourage you when seeking God's wisdom and guidance?
This is a great family devotional which is so exciting for the whole family! Kids will have fun learning the Ten Commandments with daily activities after each commandment, engaging study questions, illustrations and a prayer. Ages 4-12 and adults will have fun exploring the Ten Commandments.
Coming January 2015.
"O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them."
God does so many wonderful things in our lives, everyday! Yes If I tried to remember everything, I would never come to all of it.
I started keeping a prayer journal for the last 15 years. I tried to remmeber all the big things before that for the prayers and judgements the Lord had handed down on my behalf. I added them to my prayer journal.
Whenever I look in my prayer journal and see all the answers to the prayers in the past, It is always a great reminder that if God rescued me in that particular situation, He will still take care of my current struggle or disturbing situation.
If we have nothing to look at, it's always hard to remember especially with our current busyness.
I hope you're encouraged to start your prayer journal today. If you miss a week or so, don't worry, I do that all the time, but just move forward. Anything counts!
Here is a cool website to show you several ways you can keep a prayer journal. Either on your phone or book.
WHAT IS PRAYER?Prayer is a deeply meaningful conversation with God. It's a more direct conversation to a special friend.
We can talk to God any time, kneeling, while running errands, in the busy daily activities and so forth.
Both big and small things.
I am always talking to God even over small little things. Like when I am taking my kids to school. My 7 year old hates being late to school. So many times while we are running behind, I am always praying to God to help us hit all the green lights so we can make it to school on time.
- It's always so cool to see how God answers those prayers and we Glorify Him for answering such prayers.
- Coughs and colds. Many times we try all sorts of medicine, and it fails. I pray for the kids as I put my hands upon them, praying that Lord, the doctors treat, medicine is used, but actual healing comes from you. It would all be meaningless if you're not at work in our lives.
"Protect me as the most precious part of the eye; hide me under the shadow of your wings." Psalm 17:8
The Lord will keep you in the shadow of His wings when you need to be safe.
I was walking with my 3 year old heading to the store. she said she wanted to go back to the car and get her umbrella because the sun was bothering her.
I told her if we walked fast enough, the sun wouldn't be a problem at all. As I held her hand, I looked at my shadow and she was walking alongside it. I told her that as long as she walked in my shadow, she would be safe from the sun.
Instantly I was reminded of the bible verse ""Protect me as the most precious part of the eye; hide me under the shadow of your wings." Psalm 17:8
I was also reminded of how God's desire is for me to depend on Him so that I don't get hurt by the sun. Only that the sun come in waves of the earthly pain, struggles and distractions. God wants me to depend on Him, so that He can make the decisions for me. By doing so, I will avoid falling in the devil's trap.
God in His word mentions of "the sun not harming me by day, nor the moon by night."Psalm 121:6
when we go through the storms of life, He will be with us, to guide us every step of the way. We just need to draw a picture in our vision of God holding us by the hand. All He asks is that we depend on him and we will not be hurt. He is our refuge. God is our provider. Psalm 32:7-8
says, "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. "
Ever wonder what's happening to you when you're experiencing one difficulty after another? Above all things, is when you're praying.
As many storms come in different directions, you start wondering if God is punishing you for something you've done. At times you wonder if He still cares for you.
I've experienced such moments so many times, and between the continued time of reading the bible, and helping myself compare circumstances. I try to remember Job from the bible. For Job's background, you can check out JOB 1
Each time, I am reminded that God is in control and there's nothing that catches Him off guard.
Even if pressed on every side, I know that God will only let me deal with what He knows I can handle.
When times like this get to me, so far the list below has helped;
1. Worship even if it feels hard, I just sit in God's presence and sing a song that worships him.
2. It's always too hard for me to pray for the situation immediately, but I start talking to God as if you would be telling your problem to your best friend. The fact that He knows the details.
3. I just kneel and cry in His presence.
4. Share with a friend who will be praying for me, which usually encourages me to stay in God's path.
5. Reading the bible. God speaks to us in this special book all the time. He always comfports me with a verse that I had never understood, and He uses it for a situation that I am currently experiencing.
6. God is in control! Many thins we just can't. It's always comforting for me to easily surrender when I realize that I have no control over a given situation. When the world is in a panic, I can't afford any effort to be wasted. Most likely there are issues beyond my reach. No need to waste valuable energy on those problems.
7. Of all things, I try to remember of God's faithfulness. How He dealt with problems in my past, how He enabled me to overcome my past battles. He's still the same God who will see me through in my current storm. (PSALM 105:5)
If you're going through a storm, and can't find your way out, I pray that God's peace can fill your heart. May He grant you hope when there's none, and His peace that calms the storm.
If you have any different ways that help you stay calm in the middle of the chaos, feel free to share them.
What is self-Discipline? It is perseverance, restraint, endurance, thinking before acting, finishing what you start doing and much more.
The ability to control and motivate yourself, stay on track and do what is right.
Self Discipline expresses itself in a variety of ways;
- Self control
-The ability to not give up, despite failure and set backs.
One of the fruits of the Spirit is Self Control, which is very similar to Self Discipline.
Importance of Self Discipline:
Helpful Ways to Keep up with Discipline;
- Make a list of what you really want to achieve so you can get motivated.
-Make the effort to act and behave according to the decissions you make regradless of the tendency to give up and stop what you're doing.
-Have a friend to keep you accountable for your devotional life, exercise and whatever you're trying to work at.
-Become aware of your weakness. This will enable you to desire to seek ways to change the behavior.
- Keep a journal for the days you keep up.
- Of all things, Pray...Pray... Pray! God is always the source of all strength that we don't have.
Whatever You're trying to overcome, I pray that God can enable you to stick to your new routine. At least you're trying!
God bless you!
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him,and he will direct your paths."
To trust in the Lord with all your heart and not lean on your own understanding; to me it means, giving and surrendering everything to God. finances, your work, family and everything that consumes you to let God be in charge. The other part is to not trust yourself as you fully make the decisions.
That is very hard to do, but the few times I tend to do so, life is so peaceful and easy.
The whole idea of me having a plan and how things are supposed to be and go, I need to hand my plan over to the master so He can prioritize it.
In all ways acknowledge Him; Trying to remember who is in control of everything and knowing that GOD is one I should come too, first when I need wisdom, When I am hurt vs rushing to a friend. It's good to talk to a friend, but better when you acknowledge God first, then a friend to may be cry along with you and pray with you. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 peter 5:7
And he will direct your paths
our limited understanding can easily lead us astray.Proverbs 16:25says, "There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death." When we choose to direct our lives according to what seems right to us, we often reap disaster (Judges 21:25). Every culture has tried to get God to approve of its definition of right and wrong, but God never changes and His standards never change (Numbers 23:19;James 1:17;Romans 11:29). Every person must make a decision whether to live his or her life according to personal preference or according to the unchanging Word of God. We often will not understandhowGod is causing "all things to work together for good" (Romans 8:28), but when we trust Him with all our hearts, we know that Heis. He will never fail us (Psalm 119:142;Philippians 2:13).
The Ten Commandments are God's rules to help guide us and stay out of trouble. Just as you have rules at home, at school, God has rules too.
1. You shall have no other gods before me. Which means we have to out god first. It's important that our kids get to know who is their creator, why it's not about us and who deserves our worship. If God created the heavens and the earth, and everything that's in it, why would we need to look for made up gods?
2. You shall have no Idols. Which means to Worship God alone.
3. Use God's name with respect. You can't use God's name when you're angry.
4. Keep the Sabbath holy. Go to your place of worship and commit this day to God and not regular work and chores.
5. Respect your parents , this involves being obedient to them and keep a good attitude when they ask you to do something.
6. Do not murder; It means not to kill. Even though you're angry at your friend or brother, you're committing murder.
7. Do not commit adultery; Mom and dad are to stay married for the rest of their lives.
8. Do not steal; Not to take anything that belongs to someone else.
9. Do not lie; Not being truthful.
10. Do not Covet; You shall not want what belongs to others.