The ability to control and motivate yourself, stay on track and do what is right.
Self Discipline expresses itself in a variety of ways;
- Self control
-The ability to not give up, despite failure and set backs.
One of the fruits of the Spirit is Self Control, which is very similar to Self Discipline.
Importance of Self Discipline:
- It helps fulfill promises you make to yourself and to others.
- It helps overcome laziness and procrastination.
- Helps avoid acting rashly and on impulse
- It will help you keep up with a project and accomplish it.
- Working and keeping up with a diet plan when you decide to stay healthy.
- It will enrich your spiritual life when it comes to waking up early and pray, meditating on God's word regularly, overcoming the habit of watching too much TV, Finishing a book when you start one, and reading your bible often.
- It will help you as you sort your priorities straight.
Helpful Ways to Keep up with Discipline;
- Make a list of what you really want to achieve so you can get motivated.
-Make the effort to act and behave according to the decissions you make regradless of the tendency to give up and stop what you're doing.
-Have a friend to keep you accountable for your devotional life, exercise and whatever you're trying to work at.
-Become aware of your weakness. This will enable you to desire to seek ways to change the behavior.
- Keep a journal for the days you keep up.
- Of all things, Pray...Pray... Pray! God is always the source of all strength that we don't have.
Whatever You're trying to overcome, I pray that God can enable you to stick to your new routine. At least you're trying!
God bless you!